Vacations by Rail is featuring rail excursion tours in Canada for the summer season:
- Coast-to-coast, Rocky Mountaineer Vancouver to Jasper, 16 days, VIA Rail Jasper-Toronto-Montreal-Halifax, with 4 nights on VIA Rail sleepers.
- Canada Rail Adventure, Vancouver to Toronto, 12 days, by combination of Rocky Mountaineer, bus, and VIA Rail sleeper.
- Best of the Rockies and Explorer’s Circle, Vancouver-Banff-Jasper circle trips, 6 or 8 days, including Rocky Mountaineer, bus, and VIA Rail.Vacations by Rail is also operating two private-car excursions from Chicago:
All trips feature extensive sightseeing trips at key stops along the way, such as Niagara Falls and city trips in Toronto and Montreal. Prices start at $3220 to $5542, per person double occupancy, with options to ride in VIA Rail’s luxurious Prestige Class staterooms featuring double bed and private shower. For best Rocky Mountain scenery, choose a trip that uses Rocky Mountaineer between Vancouver and Banff.
- To Louisville for the Kentucky Derby, attached to the Cardinal/Hoosier to Indianapolis and special to Louisville.
- To Washington for the Cherry Blossom Festival, attached to the Cardinal.
— Ed Perkins, editor
For more travel tips from Ed Perkins, see our companion site Ed on Travel